Friday, September 25, 2009

Starting week 9

So we (or Ashley I should say) are approaching the end of the first trimester. It's been a rough few weeks since Ashley hasn't been feeling 100% and I have been traveling recently. She is starting to crave cetain foods and reject others. In addition to being weirded out by certain foods, she is also hungry all the time (which makes sense to me). This can be tough with her job. I wish I could be helpful while I am at work but it sucks cuz I really can't get to her while she is in the OR. I have been trying to be as helpful as possible and getting her certain foods that she likes. For example, she recently got on a Peanut Butter Capt. Crunch kick. The box was gone in 3 days so I hit the store and low and behold they had a buy 1 get 1 free of the family size. Boo Ya! I did have to explain to the cashier my absurd cereal purchase at 10pm at night but once he heard the reason he understood.

We have also been going back n forth on finding out the gender. As some may know, she wants to wait, but I want to find out. Now, before you jump on me, since a lot of people think it is exciting to wait... read my idea. Since we are scheduled to be able to find out right before Christmas, what if the doctor wraps the piece of paper with the gender on it in a box that we open with our family at Christmas! Doesn't that sound exciting? I think it will be just as fun and then we can buy gender specific stuff.

On a last note from me, the baby has helped in our car buying decisions. Since the eclipse (I think it's still one of those, not sure since its so faded...har har) is not a good baby transporting automobile, we are being forced into getting a new car, and soon. We are looking at Accords, Altimas and Fusions...any thoughts?

-Dave "Daddy to Be"

From Bella:
"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr" "Squeak squeak"
So mom has been acting a little strange lately. She keeps wanting to snuggle me more often than not. She also has been waking up at odd hours and eating odd food at these times. Just the other day I got some popcorn at about 1am. Dad has been gone recently and I have been sad. He is my play buddy...although he always wins our boxing matches...someday I'll win! Well, that's all from me....my ball is rolling away...GOTTA GO GET IT!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's ok Bella...we'll have some fun this weekend. Maybe we can go to the dog park and play with the other dogs. And plenty of ball throwing...but no boxing please. -Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. dave...you crack me up!!! and what happened to looking at an acura???? and FYI I think we should hurt you know who...for not getting your baby mamma out of the OR so she could eat (we will work on this)!!! haha Miss ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete